How to Prevent Heart Disease Naturally
Heart disease doesn’t have to be in your present nor in your future. There are various ways in which you can prevent heart disease and keep your heart healthy. The ways may differ in ways either using natural heart disease treatment methods or trying medicines and other artificial ways. Below are some easy tips to prevent heart disease naturally
Don’t eat industrial vegetable oils:
Industrial made vegetable oils like soy, sunflower, cottonseed etc have high content of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid (n-6 PUFA). These oils increase the oxidative damage and inflammation, which increases the risk of heart disease. Industrial vegetable oils are used in mostly all the processed and packaging food. Try to avoid the food that contains these oils in more quantity.
Make doing exercise your daily habit:
Obesity is the most common in these days. The physical activity that you do will reduce the level of cholesterol, blood pressure, stress and control the diabetes. The fat that gets accumulated near the abdominal area directly affects the heart adversely. Try doing exercise for 30 min each day you can even extend it for an hour it would be wonderful for your body.
Avoid consuming tobacco, nicotine or any other drugs:
Consuming tobacco and smoking can cause serious harm to the body and are considered as the major factor that increases the risk of heart diseases. The chemicals that are used in drugs cause high amount of damage to the blood vessels, arteries of body and heart. Nicotine present in cigarette narrows the blood carrying vessels and makes it functioning of heart hard and can lead to heart attack.
Follow a healthy diet:
The best plan to keep the heart healthy is to consume healthy food. Food is also a key point that affects the health of heart and helps avoid diseases. A good diet comprises of a variety of green leafy vegetables, fruits and whole grains. The main thing to consider is the amount of fat, salt and cholesterol content in that food. Some foods even help in reducing the risk and prevent heart disease like beans, certain type of fish and other low fat sources of proteins.
Manage stress free life
In a study it is proved that stress triples the risk of heart disease. Stress management should be a vital part of any heart disease prevention. There are several ways in which stress can be reduced like mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), acupuncture and biofeedback. Stress deregulates the HPA axis that directly intertwines with the nervous system that may cause heart disease.
How to Prevent Heart Attack when Alone
When anyone experiences a heart attack there are some steps that are required to be taken immediately to maximize the chances of survival. The treatment of heart disease and attack should be done on the spot without any delay. Following are the tips that can help you protect and prevent heart attack when you are alone at home or at any place:
- Do not ignore common symptoms. The pain starts from the heart and may spread to other body parts like neck, shoulder, back, jaw, teeth and abdomen.
- You may experience difficulty in the breathing, and feel indigestion or choking. Do not ignore the symptoms as the heart attack may be mild and can even continue for an hour or longer.
- Take deep breaths and coughing, but do not do it speedily. Coughing loudly and in excess may cause adverse effect so breathe and cough at an interval of 2-3 seconds.
- Maintain stress level and manage the level of your diabetes at a stable and normal level. When you have a heart attack, try to stay calm and take rest. Lay down on your back keeping your legs upwards.
- Try to make people aware near you aware that you are having a heart attack. They may help you and give you CPR if the condition worsens.
- Take an aspirin or nitroglycerin and chew it slowly. As it is considered as blood thinning medicine in the world so people prefer this while having a heart attack.
- Do medication that the doctor has prescribed to reduce blood clotting problem.
- Make some changes in the lifestyle as unhealthy lifestyle puts you at a greater risk of heart attack.
- Avoid food and drink even if you want to have because it can make complicated for paramedics to give adequate treatment.
How to Prevent Heart Attack While It’s Happening
To prevent heart attack it is necessary to first understand the symptoms of heart attack. The most common and initial symptoms of heart attack are mild chest pain, feeling like a heavy weight on chest, squeezing or tightness around the chest and this may spread over the other parts of the body including neck, shoulder, back, jaw and teeth.
Here are some tips for you if in case you ever encounter a heart attack and are alone at home or its might and there is no one around you:
- The first thing you can do is seek medical help immediately. Don’t be afraid or be embarrassed in asking for help.
- Make people aware that you are having a heart attack so that if needed then can provide you with the CPR treatment which can save your life.
- It you cannot get into medical attention quickly then minimize the amount of activity that you are doing.
- Sit down, rest and wait till the emergency medical service reaches at your location.
- Try taking aspirin or nitroglycerin if you are adjustable with the medicine as it may cause adverse effect and worsen some conditions.
- Stay calm because stress in this situation can make the condition worse. Relax and keep yourself calm to make the heart rate steady.
- If possible then lie down on the ground on your back and raise your legs upwards. This makes breathing easy as the diaphragm opens and increases the oxygen supply to blood.
- Take steady and deep breaths and cough continuously after taking a deep breath. This is the best way to maintain the supply of oxygen to blood and help the heart to receive sufficient oxygen.
- Avoid consuming any kind of food and drinks as your body is not in the condition to process it. This will make the paramedics confused and complicates the process of giving you the adequate treatment.
How to avoid heart attack while sleeping
In many cases it happens that some people sleep at night, but then never wake up the next day because they die in their sleep. This happens when they experience a heart attack in their sleep and are not able to cure it.
Below are some points to avoid heart attack while sleeping at night:
- Consume probiotics: Probiotics are live bacteria and yeast that improve the digestion system.
- Avoid consumption of caffeine
- Develop pre-bed habits like taking warm bath or consuming herbal tea
- Take help for sleep apnea as it increases the risk of high blood pressure.
- Consume proper medicines and treatment of sleep apnea as it can lead to blood clots and stroke
- Monitor the amount of cholesterol that you intake while night
- Get enough sleep as it reduces the level of cortisol level and minimize the risk of heart attack
- Get some exercise or a brisk walk as it helps getting sleep at noon and night
How to prevent Heart Disease Naturally
There are various ways in which heart disease and the risk of heart attack can be reduced or even prevented. Some of the ways can be consuming medicines while other would be natural ingredients that improve the health of the heart. The heart needs appropriate attention and taken care of. Other than surgery, there are various ways in which heart blockages and the attack can be cured naturally.
Here are some basic and simple ways in which you can prevent heart disease naturally:
- The first and basic step is to take responsibility of your health by a getting regular medical check-up as well as dental check-up
- Maintain a healthy blood pressure. High blood pressure is also known as silent killer as it causes wear and tear of inner blood vessels.
- Stay away from smoking and other alcoholic items and those containing caffeine or drugs
- Take the proper amount of sleep as it reduces the risk of heart disease
- Making waking and exercise a daily habit and try walking for about 20 minutes each day
- Limit the amount of calories that you intake as more calories can increase obesity
- Know the risks that you might face with increase in age and also check if anyone from your family like your parents, grandparents or relative had heart disease because it may also increase your risk of having heart problems
- Consume healthy food that improves the health of your heart
- Limit the amount of saturated fat and try to avoid consumption of trans fat whenever possible
- Increase the fiber intake in your daily diet and take green veggies as often as possible